Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm here!

I'm here. I got in at about 11 last night. Arriving at night left me pretty scared to get out on my own. Maybe if I would have arrived during the day I could have checked out the area driving in. Right now it is 6:30 in the evening and I haven't left the room yet. Wondering what in the world I was thinking making this trip alone. Hopefully I will get out tomorrow. I think for today my big outing will be to go downstairs and get some food. So far I have had a granola bar and some m&m's. G bought me a laptop for the trip so I could Skype with him and the kids. PRICELESS! The benefit of this has outweighed the price of the computer a hundred times over. I also added $10.00 to the skype account so that I can make phone calls. It is about 5 cents to connect and 2.3 cents a minute. Great deal. Way better than 1.99 a minute with the at&t international plan. The driving and the horn honking is insane. As i sit here, 19 floors up, all I hear is horns honking on the street. It's interesting to look out and watch the traffic. It's incredible that there isn't crashes all over. Guess i'll go find something to eat. Hopefully I'll have something interesting to write about tomorrow, I meet my guide downstairs at 9 on Monday and should meet Ella Kate by about 9:30. I wonder if they tell her about what is going on. I sure hope they are preparing her in some way.

4 comments:

  1. Are you at the HI? Go to to the top floor for the breakfast buffet for sure- free and SO much food. You are getting so close to meeting your girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, II'm going to try the breakfast this morning. Tomorrow is the big day!!

      Delete
  2. Don't feel bad. It's good that you are staying in and resting, adjusting to the time change. You need to have as much of your wits about you as possible for the big day. Even if you don't get any sleep, resting is better than sight seeing right now. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan, I think I have rested all that I can. It's almost 5 a.m. here and I am up. I am never up this early. I think I am going to force myself to stay up and get on a schedule. How are you doing?

      Delete