Saturday, July 21, 2012

First full day

Well, it is 5 a.m. Sunday morning, I am up. I will try to stay awake the rest of the day and try to get myself on a schedule. Going to force myself out of this room. Yesterday I just felt terrible. Emotional and exhausted. I tried to go downstairs to get something to eat but the restaurant appeared to be a sit down only. I had more take out on my mind. Finally at about 8 last night I ordered room service. SOme kind of spicy noodles. I was looking forward to it. Looked great when it came. I was thinking maybe udon noodles or something. Nope, came all the way to Chin@ and had good ole spaghetti in my soup. It was good anyway, Everyone working at the hotel seems really friendly. I am a little confused on the whole tipping thing here. I heard that you don't tip here, but it doesn't feel right. What have you done here? How about at the breakfast bufffet? Going to email a few of you in a minute and ask before I head down. Anyway, I am about 29 hours from meeting our girl!! Wow. So many emotions. Every time I open my eyes I wonder how it is going to go. How sad will she be? I can only wait and find out. Will post more later if I get out. Will try to get some pictures. Here is my fancy spicy spaghetti :-)


 My fancy spicy spaghetti
 Leaving Shanghai
 from what seemed like the basement of the airport. A smell I will never forget
Leaving my love at the airport

1 comment:

  1. You are there, you are so close! Glad to hear you made it safely.

    ReplyDelete