Friday, February 3, 2012

Furniture shopping #*@!

When did furniture shopping become so unpleasant. It is about as enjoyable as being approached by car salesmen when you walk on the lot. This is what furniture shopping has become. We are in need of a few new items. We need bunk beds for the younger boys and a new set for Ella's room. I am also always on the lookout for something new for the den. Our sofa has seen better days and the stand that the T.V. is on is just dated. When I go into a furniture store I want to look all around. bedrooms, dens, t.v. stands, just all over. These days, when you go into these stores, the sales people approach you as soon as you walk in the door wanting to know what you are looking for, blah, blah , blah. So, me, I'm just looking. them, for what? me, just looking. So then it's o.k. if you need me here's my card I am so and so. So I start making my way around the store and it seems like they are every where I turn. Just kind of following me around. This makes me incredibly uncomfortable. These stores are huge, so it is no coinkydink that they are always in the same area as me. Then, maybe I see somethig I like and I want to bring hubby back to see. Keep in mind that I needed NOTHING from salesperson number 1. We go back to the store and someone else helps us and is not nearly as over bearing as #1, we like this guy. Well, I show hubby and want to go back the next day to make the purchase. I know the other SP will be there lurking in the entrance. Will she remember me? Will she give me the stink eye because we are using the other guy? Well, I don't know. Now I am so uncomfortable that I don't even want to go back to the store. Now instead of getting our new gorgeous t.v. stand yesterday, I am going to wait a while until I think she forgot me or until hubby will go back alone. Am I a whimp? Yes, yes I am, and I cannot stand to feel uncomfortable like that. O.k., that was alot of nothing about nothing, but it drives me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment