Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No LID yet :-(

Well I heard from my agency and they still do not have my LID. They say that I probably have one but it's not in the system yet or something like that. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. The highs and lows of this process are grueling. I know that this whole process is worth it, not a doubt in my mind, but not to have any control over things is so frustrating. I am soooo bummed out about this. I read the blogs and boards and I am happy for all of the good news, although it has been slow for everyone. Anyway, it drives me crazy with the time frame for things to happen. FBI took 2 solid months to get our prints back to us. 2 MONTHS. Immigration took 60+ days to get us our approval. Are you kidding me? Now, here is what kind of gets to me a bit. I hear some people get their FBI done in a couple of weeks, and now immigration has really been picking up the pace. I hope this doesn't sound wrong because I only want fast approvals for everybody, but it semes like I get in the wrong lines at the wrong time. Ya know what I mean. I just want to go get our girl so she can be part of our family and I can know that she is loved and safe. Boohoo. Having a bad day. I know that everyone goes through the ups and downs and everyone has to wait, some even longer. I just wish the whole process was timely across the board. Oh well, I could go on and on with this little pity party, but enough of that. I am off to dinner with a good friend tonight and hopefully everyone that is waiting will wake up to some good news tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! You are in my thoughts and prayers. It is so hard waiting! We are also walking the adoption journey. I can't stop thinking about our little girl and how long this process is taking. You are not alone! So many other adoptive mothers say that these months will seem like a distant memory when we have these babies in our arms forever. But right now... it hurts. :( I hope you have good news soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to have met other moms and families going trough the same thing. While it's hard it helps to know that I'm not alone and other people "get it" Thank you Amiee.
      Shelley

      Delete
  2. I know how you fell about the bad day and the long line!! I always get in the long line. Hang in there, some days are just worse than others and you are in titled to a one day pity party every once in a while...just make sure you invite me. Hang in there!!!! I just know that when you do get your LID it will be for at least a week ago and you will have already waited a week for your LOA and not even known it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bonnie, we will just hang out in these long lines together. Next pity party you will be the first to know ;-). Hugs, Shelley

      Delete