Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Birthday baby girl!!!!

 Right now it is a little after 8 a.m. in China. I hope Ella Kate woke up happy this morning. Today is her 4th birthday. I would guess that she doesn't know that her birthday is today. So sad. We had a cake sent to her and asked that it be delivered on or very near her birthday. We also sent a care package that she should have received last week. I hope that from this, she now knows that something is happening. I hope she had or will have a great little celebration, eating her cake with her friends. I really wanted to be there by her birthday. We are terribly sad that she is spending another birthday in an orphanage. On the bright side, this is it sweet pea! No more birthdays with our your family! We will have a little cake here tomorrow for her. I probably should have done it tonight, but I had my mind on the date here rather than in China. The orphanage also said that I will not get pictures of the party, but they will take some and give them to me on gotcha day. Sniff, sniff. I would love some pics of her party now, but the rules are the rules and I will wait patiently.
 In other news, we are on day 68 of our LOA wait. Really???? 68 days??? The first 60 days were no sweat. I fully expected to wait about 60 days. Truly hoping it would come in under that, but that did not happen. But now, if it is working hours, I jump every time my phone alerts me of an email. I have unsubscribed to so many companies that would send coupons or sale info via email. How dare they when I am on pins and needles waiting like this. And the phone, forget it. I get so mad if it is not THE call that I don't even answer it. Well, I would if it was school or the hubby, but that's it. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day. Ella's birthday here and LOA all on the same day would be fabulous!! Fingers crossed.

Birthday girl!!!!!!










2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Ella Kate!!!!!! Fingers crossed for your LOA soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Ella. I did exactly the same thing with my email during this whole adoption wait- no more random spam emails for me! You are so close- we got LOA on day 70- I am praying that you will hear soon and not be in that horrible 'century club'. We also sent a cake for Lia's birthday back in February and got no pictures back but this gave me hope that we'll possibly get those pics on meetcha day...

    ReplyDelete