Wednesday, August 1, 2012





We are still here. Leaving to head home tomorrow. We have had a nice time in Guangzhou. Soooo much better than being in province. The hotel is great. Anyone trying to decide between the few hotels we can choose from here, you will not be disappointed if you chose the Garden. Lots of good places to eat and it is safe to get out and walk around. If I were here again, this is where I would stay. No doubt about it. We had our CA yesterday. We were there for a while, but once they got started the process went pretty fast and smooth. After that we took a quick trip to the island, It is really nice and beautiful. Picked up a few things but wish I would have spent more time there. Oh well. Ella is doing good. She has had a couple of really sad moments. She cries and says the same thing over and over. I don't know what it is but I am sure it is something like she wants to go home. Not our home. It's sad to see but it's good for her to get it out. I would be more concerned if she didn't do this. This little girl is a handful. She has a lot of behaviors that really threw me at first but the more I think about the things that I read it starts to make sense. She is really big about trying to turn on the smiles and charm when she is around other people. More specific, Chinese women. While it drives me crazy because it is sooo fake and rehearsed, I understand that this is how she probably coped in the orphanage. I really can't wait to get home and start getting into a routine. I will post more about some of these behaviors if anyone is interested later, after we get home. It is exhausting to think about. I will post some pics of the past several days, They are probably at the top, I don;t understand why, Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I'd love to read more about her behaviors if you feel like sharing, or chatting on the phone. So thankful for the photos you sent. I'll be praying for an easy trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good trip home. Can't wait to hear more about your trip :)

    ReplyDelete