Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ella's first hurricane.

We are all sitting here waiting the arrival of hurricane Isaac. I am so glad that I am not in China right now. That would have been a mess. G cannot leave town nor can he stay home. My poor friend would have been stuck with the boys for the duration (thanks Tricia :-) ) Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We have several pine trees on our lot and hope none fall on the house. They have all survived katrina, so hopefully they are good.
 Ella is doing good. She has been with me since July 23. I am starting to notice more and more behaviors common to institutionalized children. Nothing serious or alarming, just things that I did not really pick up on in China. maybe because we were so busy and tired. Thinking I might talk to our social worker to see which of any of these thing I should try to stop. For some it is clearly not appropriate, but others are not harmful to her, but just not really normal. Hope that makes sense.
 Anyway, on to watch the weather and I will post when the storm has passed. Take care everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment